Monday, May 9, 2011

Summertime in the 509

Sooooo I am, like, totes jealous of like, semester school kids who are like, on summer VAYCAY right now OMG!.......
Once again I apologize for slacking on posting, as I'm sure my vast following of people have been on the edge of their desk chairs waiting for my next blog...
2 sentences, 2 completely sarcastic statements. Great start...
In any case, summer is fast approaching, and for those of you who are Cougars, Beavers, Grizzlies, etc, summer is already upon you. Us Ducks, Huskies, Vikings, Eagles, and Sasquatch (I see you, Spokane Falls Students!!!) still have a solid month of midterms, papers and finals to endure before the golden rays can be soaked up. Oh joy. When that fateful weekend of June the 10th or so arrives, I will be returning home to Spokane to coach the Lewis and Clark AA legion team to a state title. Well probably not, but I'm staying optimistic. Still a sweet job that I am looking forward to! Other than that, I am applying for various internships with news and radio stations in Spokane and hope to land a job in some sort of sports field. But besides that, I have made a list of things that I want to do before summer ends and I head off to the motherland that is St. Petersburg, Russia in late August.
1. Soccer Golf in Manito Park. Actually insanely fun- I encourage everyone to try this.
2. Bomb the hills on and around Brown's Mountain. With motor scooters as towing rides back up (Thanks Nolan and Ryan!) and longboards, Blake Reed and I conquered the likes of Bernard, Cedar, and Lincoln during Summer 2010. Time to step up not only our stupidity, but our health insurance policies as well.
3. Barbeque. Nuff Said.
4. Bonfires more often. Cliff park hosted a fair amount of chill-out sessions, but not nearly enough times.
5. Wiffle Ball. I know we can get some sort of league going- who's down?
Please share any other ideas that you may have- Especially manly stuff. Although Daniel Wukelic's basement was awesome last summer, I think some more time outdoors would be much more entertaining. (Sorry, Dwuke)

No comments:

Post a Comment