Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gruden, Green Bay, Giants and Gamecocks > Gaddafi

The other day I was asked why I don't blog about things that actually matter, such as the political unrest in Libya or the happenings in the Wisconsin senate. Today I pondered why if I go to the library with my computer, I spend more time on Facebook/Twitter/msnbc.com than doing homework. After some (by some I mean minimal) thought, I came up with just a fantastic formula: Sports are greater than Politics, and Politics are barely greater than homework.
Now to avoid the onslaught of "you take democracy for granted" and "you are just too lazy to follow politics", I would like to say that I do follow politics, and I believe that my civic duty as an American is to stay informed on issues whether they interest me or not. So up yours, haters.
The reason I would rather talk about sports is, let's be honest, if you are going to listen to me, you would rather listen to my opinions on sports than Gaddafi's actions in Libya. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and even Comedy Central serve as mediums for talking heads to squabble over what is right and wrong, and since they are nationally televised and I am not, I stick to sports.
And homework just goes last.. with no explanation needed.
My political 2 cents for: the day/ever
I wholeheartedly believe that Jon Gruden, The Green Bay Packers, The San Fransisco Giants (New York Giants too), or the South Carolina Gamecocks could do a better job of running Libya than Gaddafi.

Now back to, you guessed it, homework. Gotta love dead week.

No comments:

Post a Comment